Wednesday 21 August 2013

Day 40 - R & R & R in Piraeus - on board the Dawn Princess

As anticipated, not the best of sleeps.  “Recovery, Rest and Relaxation” were always going to be the order of the day, but as we were here not so long ago, we didn’t really feel too cheated by opting to stay on board.

Thankfully, Paula appears to be over the worst so we made it to breakfast.

After relaxing for a while, we went up to the spa pool on deck 12 at the Oasis – so called as it is a refuge away from children, being an adults only area.

A pleasant hot soak was good for both of us.  Corey was just showing his replacement around so we waved a welcome to Bernie, who is from Chile.

For probably the first time on this cruise, I had a few minutes of (topless!) sunbathing whilst Paula stayed in the shade.  A few minutes is about my limit at the best of times anyway.

Then it was time for coffee.  Oh how do we cope with the pace I hear you ask?  Well, it does take practice of course.  As usual, it was the 5th floor atrium and a couple of their tiny filled rolls went down well.  With most people ashore, it was very peaceful.

After sailaway, having informed our table mates we wouldn’t be there, with all of them wishing Paula well, I returned to the cabin and after a shower, Paula decided she was well enough to go to dinner after all, though she did limit herself to a bowl of pumpkin or squash soup and a pot of tea.

We then retired early and my right hip was giving me a bit of discomfort, so maybe another night where sleeping might not be so easy!  All this recent cabin time has meant that I am steaming through my “Code Words” puzzle book, so I have asked Stewart to bring me fresh supplies.

We had cancelled our ship’s tour in Katakolon tomorrow, so looking at the map supplied by Princess, it looks like another small village of tourist shops, cafes and bars.   We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment